Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Simple things in life

Today presented itself with a burst of joy as I was preparing to sit and enjoy my coconut curry chicken with organic basmati rice and homemade sangria. These little things in life should profound and astound us every now and then. What really makes this meal special is the fact that I am eating on my sweet Mama Kay's placemat (who knows the history behind them?), eating from her bowls and drinking from her glass (that were from Mexico, no doubt). The house is as quiet as could be and I am here alone, leaping through the hallway as I finish grad work, googling conferences on special education (that need to take place near San Francisco, CA!!), and feeling altogether blessed.
In case my descriptions don't present enough visual imagery- I took the liberty to snap a photo. : )

No comments: