Here we are atop "Chicken Point" on the Bell Tower trail in Sedona, AZ. This was a glorious hike: day 2 of our vacation. Climbing rocks is a thrilling and challenging feat. We had a wonderful, wonderful time in Sedona and were sad to leave....
Other highlights of our vacation include:
1. Stocking up at Trader Joe's (we ate fresh fruit parfaits and cranberry orange scones with dark coffee to drink every morning)
2. Driving to the Grand Canyon (snow, ponderosa pine forest, ski mountain, and desert)
3. Arriving at the Grand Canyon (we walked the rim trail and could have spent the next two weeks exploring the Grand Canyon)
4. Sedona Weather (crisp, cool, and dry)
5. Day hikes around Sedona (Slide Rock trail, West Fork trail, Huckaby trail, Bell & Courthouse trail)
6. Eating at the local micro-brewery, the local bakery, and the vegetarian cafe (mmmmm!!!)
7. Perusing the Art Gallery's (for which there are so many of in Sedona) and shopping in uptown Sedona to purchase strings of beautiful beads
8. Side trip to Jerome
9. Our rental SUV
10. Time with my husband!!!